Hello, everyone, and Happy New Year. I hope your December was as fun as SNC's and you're looking forward to what 2009 has in store.
It's been very nice being home and simply recovering from our hectic December schedule. I've re-discovered such simple joys as vegging on the couch over a movie with my wife, riding the shopping cart to the car in the Costco parking lot, playing with our cat Rusty, driving myself around (in my own car!) to run errands...
The list goes on, if you'll humor me:
5. Growing a beard out of 100% unadulterated laziness
6. Cooking anything (does microwaved oatmeal count here?)
7. Doing laundry
8. Working out
9. Not singing a cappella at 7 AM
10. Getting healthy with the help of a nearby Chinese restaurant's hot & sour soup (it works!)
11. Going to church
12. Not eating hotel lobby-style bagels, muffins, and generic cereals every morning for breakfast
13. Going a week without hearing Walt, Charlie, & DR update each other on their fantasy football scores
14. Going a week without hearing The Randawg update the group about YouTube comments
15. See #9
16. Not hearing the word "toilet" used in common vernacular and being embarrassed (SNC inside joke).
17. Prepping arrangements for Album #2's song ideas
18. Sleeping in my own bed
19. Catching up with my family face-to-face instead of over the phone or email
20. Letting my garment bag catch up on sleep in the closet for awhile
The next chapter for SNC begins next weekend when we reunite in NYC to start rehearsals for Album #2. Personally, I can't wait to record in the studio and hear how these arrangements we've been working on turn out. Luginbill & I are road-tripping it out to the city from Indy, which will be a good time.
Thanks for reading,