Or is it? In the spirit of the year's most foolish holiday, here is a list of topics you may or may not read about on your favorite a cappella group's website (hopefully that's us...). I'll leave it up to you to decide whether they're true or simply the products of my unique imagination. Enjoy!
- SNC was chosen to shout the "YEAH!" parts on Rebecca Black's debut album It's Friday (Fun Fun Fun Fun...Fun!), then immediately replaced by Tay Zonday. No report yet if the two will perform a duet of "Chocolate Rain (On Friday, The Day After Thursday And Two Before Sunday)."
- While many ticket-holders believe they will be seeing SNC perform classic songs from decades past onstage at Harrah's in Atlantic City this summer, they should be forewarned that this year's theme is "Odd Jobs SNC Does During the Day To Support Their Blackjack Funds" and includes no singing whatsoever.
- The group's new studio project is rumored to be entitled Ladies Night.
- SNC's old beards were recently fined in Canada for hunting moose with expired licenses, but all charges were dropped when they broke into a rousing rendition of Billy Joel's "For The Longest Time."
- There were 11 original members of SNC at Indiana University.
- Alumni of SNC at Indiana University include: Burgess "Cowface" McMitchell and Pat Quarternote, who was destined to sing a cappella in college.
- Besides their voices, the members of SNC also play the following instruments: piano, guitar, saxophone, violin, trumpet, and drums. Oh, and jazz recorder.
- The term a cappella means "small hat worn for singing" in Italian.
- Every member of SNC uses Apple products.
- Staples on SNC's backstage rider contract include: Throat Coat tea, a bear of honey (head unscrewed), multi-grain bread, peanut butter, peanut-less peanut butter (for Seggie), and 10 packs of strawberry flavored Big League Chew.
- Two members of SNC were state champions in high school athletics. The remaining eight were not.
- In college, the group nearly went with such names as The Bloomingtones, The Crimson Knights, and Levels before deciding upon Straight No Chaser.
- Mascots of SNC members' high school alma maters include: the Jayhawks, Royals, Canaries, Cougars, Argonauts, and Red Rovers.
- SNC will be appearing briefly on the next episode of Glee.
Thanks for stopping by, Chasers, and enjoy discussing the veracity of these. (Greep for using veracity...)