Skip directly to content

Acts of kindness

• Post Date 2 years 5 months ago
    Acts of kindness

I thought this needed to be shared. A month or two ago christiney had gone to a SNC show in CA and purchased the Songs of the Decades dvd (only available to purchase at SNC shows at that time), but when she got it home she discovered the dvd was scratched. She had started a discussion on the site asking if someone going to a future show could purchase a new dvd for her. She would mail the money, etc. I did not even know her, but since I was planning on going to the 4/28 show at NJPAC and wanted one of these dvds myself, I agreed to help her out. After giving her my information, she mailed me the money for the dvd and wished me a good time at my first SNC show. All was ready to go.

The day before the NJPAC concert, 4/27, my mother passed away. I was unable to go the concert the next night for obvious reasons, and therefore, could not purchase the dvd for her. I told her what happened and that I would send back her money. Also, I mentioned to her earlier today that the dvd is finally available on the website. She sent me a reply tonight saying she already ordered 2 dvds and is sending one to me because I missed the show last week and could probably use a "distraction" at the moment.

Even though I'm going through a lot right now, it is things like this that make this difficult time for me a bit easier. I just want to thank you, Christine. Even though you are on the other side of the country and we've never met and barely spoken, I do consider you a friend. You put a smile on my face.

Also, thanks to all chasers for your thoughts and prayers. I've said this once and I will say it again... Straight No Chaser has the most amazing and caring fans and I'm so thankful to be apart of such a wonderful group of people.

Category:
    Started By gingertonality 7 Replies Category : Anything Goes
    7 Replies
gingertonality's picture
on 4 May 2012 - 11:28pm

I thought this needed to be shared. A month or two ago christiney had gone to a SNC show in CA and purchased the Songs of the Decades dvd (only available to purchase at SNC shows at that time), but when she got it home she discovered the dvd was scratched. She had started a discussion on the site asking if someone going to a future show could purchase a new dvd for her. She would mail the money, etc. I did not even know her, but since I was planning on going to the 4/28 show at NJPAC and wanted one of these dvds myself, I agreed to help her out. After giving her my information, she mailed me the money for the dvd and wished me a good time at my first SNC show. All was ready to go.

The day before the NJPAC concert, 4/27, my mother passed away. I was unable to go the concert the next night for obvious reasons, and therefore, could not purchase the dvd for her. I told her what happened and that I would send back her money. Also, I mentioned to her earlier today that the dvd is finally available on the website. She sent me a reply tonight saying she already ordered 2 dvds and is sending one to me because I missed the show last week and could probably use a "distraction" at the moment.

Even though I'm going through a lot right now, it is things like this that make this difficult time for me a bit easier. I just want to thank you, Christine. Even though you are on the other side of the country and we've never met and barely spoken, I do consider you a friend. You put a smile on my face.

Also, thanks to all chasers for your thoughts and prayers. I've said this once and I will say it again... Straight No Chaser has the most amazing and caring fans and I'm so thankful to be apart of such a wonderful group of people.

Forum category: 
S. Brandon's picture

I'm so very sorry for the passing of your mother. How sweet that another Chaser stepped in with a caring act. Thank you for telling your story.

DaisyKary's picture

Just wanted to send my condolences. Very sorry for your loss.
I was looking forward to meeting you in Newark.
Could you please email me at DaisyKary@excite.com?

Vixter's picture

So sorry for your loss. Just remember that things will get better soon.

Lisa N.'s picture

I am so very sorry for your loss. Praying for you as you walk through these difficult days.

Chasers are amazing - still blows my mind that this great community came about because of a group of 10 guys singing for girls...and food. Very cool that you were willing to do that for Christine, and in turn, what Christine did for you. #kindnesswins

Nesa's picture

I'm incredibly sorry for your loss. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

TraciP's picture

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope things are getting better. #chaserhugs...

Ping Gee's picture

Yes, I remember that thread.

My condolences to you and your family.