Skip directly to content

Pre-sale is a hoax

• Post Date 2 years 6 months ago
    Pre-sale is a hoax

Has anyone else noticed this: I wait until the exact moment pre-sale tickets are available and purchase the best seats I can find.....Here it is a month later, and seats in the second and third row are apparently available while I am stuck with seats in row S from what I thought was a great pre-sale. Ticketmaster apparently does exchanges if you find better seats, but only if you find them within 3 days of purchasing your tickets.

I love Straight No Chaser and anytime they come within a couple hours of where I live, I go to the show - I'm just a little ticked off that "taking advantage" of the pre-sale got me lousy seats!

Category:
    Started By Jennifer 7 Replies Category : Concerts&Tours
    7 Replies
finnam89's picture
on 4 June 2012 - 4:56pm

Has anyone else noticed this: I wait until the exact moment pre-sale tickets are available and purchase the best seats I can find.....Here it is a month later, and seats in the second and third row are apparently available while I am stuck with seats in row S from what I thought was a great pre-sale. Ticketmaster apparently does exchanges if you find better seats, but only if you find them within 3 days of purchasing your tickets.

I love Straight No Chaser and anytime they come within a couple hours of where I live, I go to the show - I'm just a little ticked off that "taking advantage" of the pre-sale got me lousy seats!

Forum category: 
finnam89's picture

Thanks guys for the help - Luke, hopefully you got my e-mail this evening.

S. Brandon's picture

Thanks, Luke! This kind of help is always appreciated by fans. :-)

wlukepierce's picture

Hi Jennifer,

I'm Luke Pierce with the management team for SNC at STILETTO Entertainment. I'm sorry to hear about your situation with the upcoming Straight No Chaser show. I would be happy to help you find you the best seats available for this performance. If you send an email to me at lpierce@STILETTOentertainment.com, I'd be happy to look into this.

Karen, you pretty nailed on the head with your response. We do negotiate with every individual venue for the best seats we can provide for our fans. In some cases, venues have a subscription or donor base that are guaranteed tickets; in other cases venues are bound to ticketing deals that stipulate certain seats be sold through their ticketing company (Ticketmaster, Live Nation, etc). We'd be happy to answer any questions you might have about this.

All the best,
Luke

S. Brandon's picture

Jennifer, are you doing this through the venue's/TIcketmaster site pre-sale, or through this site and Artist Arena? Artist Arena can be kind of a pain to deal with, but when those are available (and it was VERY short notice this last time), you click through here to their site and the seats are usually available in the first few rows. We'd certainly like to help you figure out what your options are for best seating.

Ping Gee's picture

For my first SNC concert, I went down to the venue and purchased the tickets, not realizing that pre-sale tickets were sold months earlier. I had just "discovered" SNC in December and got my tickets in January. Not the best seats available, but still a good view.

When the pre-sale tickets started showing up, I checked the venue in Hollywood, and was disappointed to see it wasn't listed. To my chagrin, the next night, I discovered that I had to click onto the NEXT page to see it. I ended up getting tickets in rows F and G, which I think are pretty good. These tickets were offered by Artist Arena. Current tickets at this venue are through Ticketmaster. Not sure if that makes any difference or not, but checking the ticket prices now, they are way way more expensive.

finnam89's picture

FYI, my seats in row S (the presale seats) are the same price as the currently available second and third row seats.

KarenPNWChaser's picture

Jennifer, sorry to hear that has happened to you. You should contact SNC management about that and inquire. I hope this is just a fluke for you as I've always gotten awesome seats (in the pit or first row or 2) when I've gotten tickets during the pre-sale. I've purchased tickets at the pre-sale and the worst seats I've gotten were 5th row seats (and that was only because the first 4 rows were reserved for people who had gone to the pre-show fan dinner).

Also, during the pre-sale, I think SNC management has to negotiate with each individual venue for the seats that will be placed up for pre-sale. Some venues offer the really good seats (i.e. first few rows) to their high paying venue members, so maybe this is what happened at the specific venue where you're attending this time. There is a local theater where I live who always reserves the front row center seats for their "valued" theater members who donate over $5000 per year to the theater. So, hopefully there is a good explanation for what happened to you. Can understand your frustration.